Kenai is a Golden Retriever that is three years old. Pam, her owner, and her enjoy going on long walks so that the furry one may play and smell everything she comes across.
They went on a stroll one day that they will never forget: the dog saved a life, and Pam is eager to share the story.
They went for a walk along the banks of a river, and it was really cold. When the Golden’s owner saw that her pet refused to play, she became concerned and looked about.
Kenai began to bark towards a riverside after considerable sniffing about the area. Pam didn’t understand what was going on at first, but after a few minutes, she realized the small puppy wasn’t going to stop until she got her attention.
They approached cautiously until they came upon a wounded bald eagle resting in the snow. He attempted to fly but was unable to do it.
Pam felt she had to assist her, but as soon as he spotted the dog, he started running away, taking tough steps in the snow.
Pam couldn’t stop worrying about the sad bird after Kenai and her owner left. She made the decision to return the next day with her dog.
It didn’t take the astute Kenai more than a few minutes to locate the injured eagle, but Pam stayed a wider distance this time so as not to frighten the bird.
He notified the Department of Natural Resources, which dispatched a team of experts as soon as possible.
The eagle’s wings were frozen, and after a series of examinations, it was discovered that one of its shoulders had also been fractured.
They transported her to a secure location and kept an eye on her. They realized the poor bird was suffering from lead poisoning at that point.
Her health was not looking good, but Keani and her owner were able to locate her just in time. Vets assisted the gorgeous bird, and after a painful few days, they declared that she would make a full recovery.